Sunday 29 December 2019

A spot of shopping.

I certainly wasn't up early this morning - I woke up at 9.07am so I was quite annoyed that it was so late!

We mooched about this morning and although we'd planned on going to Milton Keynes, we decided to go to Rushden Lakes instead as it wasn't as far and there was a House of Fraser where I could return Keith's sweatshirt.

I used my dashcam for the first time and it was really weird to have it recording while I drove. Of course, nothing of any note happened! The traffic going into Rushden Lakes was busy but we parked easily and went for a coffee at Bewiched, somewhere we hadn't been before. My Flat White was OK, but I still prefer Costa! After we'd enjoyed our coffee and a pastry we called into the wildlife shop adjoining the cafe, and I bought a 2020 calendar for the kitchen.

We returned Keith's sweatshirt but they didn't have any suitable replacements so we popped into M&S where I bought him another one for £20. which left me £20 for a lovely blue checked shirt. After M&S we went to Next where I looked for a picture I'd seen a few weeks ago which would look lovely on the landing, but it was nowhere to be seen. Typical! I know I should have bought it when I saw it!

Sophie had a quick look at clothes in House of Fraser and then we decided to make our way home, calling to see Mum and Dad on the way. The weather today has been beautiful and a total contrast to yesterday. Back home we walked around the estate a couple of times but Monty refused to come with us, the little monkey, and just stayed on the driveway!

Dinner tonight was the curry that we should have had on Friday and it was delicious! We watched the second episode of Wisting and then enjoyed Top Gear in Nepal. I just had to watch it and was horrified to see how bad the traffic was on the road from Kathmandu to Pokhara, a road I had travelled on in 1987! The overtaking by cars and buses was horrendous but I don't remember it being like that when I journeyed on this route, thank goodness!

No comments: