Tuesday 3 December 2019

Locked in!

I didn't have a good night's sleep last night and I had crampy tummy pains so I was not feeling my best this morning! I went downstairs with Sophie and managed to stub my small toe on Mike's shoes, so I bled all over the kitchen floor... not a good start to the day!

I asked Keith to take me to work this morning and he was happy to, bless him. I promised him a lie-in tomorrow! The traffic this morning on the A43 was terrible and it's a good job I leave a little earlier now. I used to leave at 7.30am but this morning, as I reached the new stretch of road, it was backed up to the roundabout already! If I'd left at my usual time I would have been in trouble!

Work was fine and I had lots of admin work to keep me busy. At 2pm Keith met me and we drove to the UPS depot on Moulton Park to ask about sending a parcel. Sophie has some earbuds she needs to return to Bose and I wanted to know if UPS supply a box or bag to send them off in. The building was like Fort Knox and we had to navigate our way through two locked doors just to get into the office. I don't think they have many visitors!

The woman in reception said we could use any box to send them back and to take them to one of the nearby drop off points. On our way back out we nearly panicked when we realised the door was locked again but luckily we spotted a small button to press to release the lock. Phew!

Back home I did very little and had a nap. I felt a bit better and helped Keith cook dinner of breaded pork escalopes in the evening with cauliflower cheese. We have now banned all talk of politics at the table, so it was a bit quieter tonight, thank goodness!

No comments: