Saturday 7 December 2019

Hospital visiting.

We all went down to the hospital at about 11am this morning and I took Mike some of the chicken fajitas we'd eaten last night as he was moaning that he'd missed out. I also took him a flask of proper coffee, a pack of biscuits and some more clothes that he'd asked for. I'd been in his room and there was a wash on the go at home with some of the clothes that he'd asked for... one of his tee-shirts was screwed up and thrown in a corner so that went in the wash!

We sat with him for about two hours before returning home and mooching about. I didn't feel we could settle to anything so I suggested to Sophie we go and get my filthy car washed. However, when we arrived, the car wash wasn't working so I felt like it was a wasted journey. We returned home and at about 5pm went back down to the hospital, calling into McDonald's again on the way to get him two chicken mayos. He had eaten cottage pie and rice pudding at lunchtime while we were there but hadn't enjoyed the meals at all. I do think now, though, that the fast food is going to have to stop!

Just after we arrived two of his friends also turned up (with McDonald's,...would you believe it!) so we went off to get a hot drink from the hospital cafe. That was closing at 6pm (in ten minutes time) so we took our drinks back up to the ward and sat in a little room with a TV, which was showing Catchphrase. It felt really surreal, to be honest and I knew that all of us, Mike included, just wanted to be at home having a normal Saturday night. I was supposed to have been going out with Lynda, Fiona and Andrea but I'd cancelled so I could go and visit Mikey.

Mike's friends were still sitting with him so we went and said goodbye and left for home. Keith had planned on having pizza with the kids tonight as I was supposed to have  been out so we had that, although the pizzas were burnt a bit, probably because Keith was distracted watching Strictly!

No comments: