Sunday 8 December 2019

Making a start...

Today has been almost an exact repeat of yesterday as we went down to see Mike in hospital at about 12pm and sat with him and Abbie for an hour and a half. He seemed in very good spirits and was no longer being given his antibiotics intravenously. He was also off the oxygen so we are really hoping tomorrow he can come home.

Sophie had an appointment at the beauty salon in Virgin at 2pm so we dropped her off and went to Riverside for a coffee in Next. My Mum and Dad were also in there so we sat with them and had a good chat. The place was very busy indeed and it just brought it home to me that I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet - in fact I've done very little except put up our decorations!

We went back to collect Sophie and drove home to have a late lunch. Like yesterday, the weather has been lovely today, with interesting skies and sunny spells. I abandoned the idea of washing my car as I have almost two weeks to do it while I'm off work!

After lunch Sophie made some beautiful gift tags out of last year's cards and I made a start on writing this year's. I need to send one card off to the USA! It was lovely sitting in the conservatory as outside it started raining but it was only a shower and soon the sky had cleared again. Our little tree lights twinkled and I made good inroads into writing out the cards. Sophie's presents for Mike had arrived so I helped her wrap them - she's doing better than me!



At 4.30pm we went back down to see Mike again and Abbie was there as well, which was great as he's getting lots of visitors. The cannula was out of his arm and he looked a bit better than this morning when he'd first been taken off the oxygen.

We stayed until about 6pm and then drove home to open a bottle of red wine and relax while Keith cooked a delicious roast beef!


No comments: