Wednesday 18 December 2019

Drinks with friends.

Today I have mostly stayed at home! I saw Sophie off to the gym first thing and then enjoyed a leisurely start to the day with a coffee.

I had various jobs to get done today but before we started anything else, Keith and I defrosted the freezer in the kitchen, something we had planned on doing for ages. I managed to get some of the food into little freezer bags to make some more room and I cleaned the freezer drawers of ice. One of them actually broke in half as I was washing it so I went and ordered a new one from eSpares, to be delivered tomorrow.

It was a messy job and at times the kitchen floor was awash with water and bog chunks of ice, but when we'd finished it looked so much better and we didn't have to force the drawers in to close the door!

I spent the rest of the day wrapping presents and and generally pottering about. It was lovely to see the sun shine for a change in the afternoon! Keith went to the doctor's about his chest and I had a long soak in the bath. When he got home he said he needed to have a chest x-ray but that it wasn't urgent, so that was a relief. Later in the afternoon I did three laps of the estate which equates to a mile, and I'm going to try and do this on a regular basis! Monty came a little way with me and then ran back home and was stuffing his face when I arrived back! It was great to get out and have some fresh air and I felt really invigorated when I got back!

In the evening Sophie and I walked around to Michelle's for a glass of wine, some nibbles and a good gossip. The weather had turned rainy and windy again and we were soaked when we arrived, even though it was only a very short walk!

We sat in the living room and enjoyed delicious nibbles, Prosecco and a bottle of Cava in front of their log burning stove. It was wonderfully cosy and when the cats came in, they kept trying to nick the cheese on the table!


No comments: