Tuesday 31 December 2019

Last day of the decade!

Sophie took me to work this morning and I started at the later time of 9am, which meant I had a bit of a lie-in!

There were four of us in the office today and Sheila had brought in croissants, which was lovely of her! The shift passed a lot more pleasantly than yesterday and by lunchtime, Sara and Sheila had gone home, at 2pm Joanne left me and I was all on my tod until 4pm.

As I left, everyone was closing up and I sped into the car park to be met by Keith. We popped into the Co-op on the way home to get some bacon, sausages and bread for tomorrow's breakfast and I felt for the staff in there as they were open until 8pm!

We arrived home to find the house looking lovely and tonight's dinner all prepared by Keith and Sophie. Abbie and Laura were celebrating New Year's Eve with us and they arrived at about 6pm. We had a very relaxed evening with a delicious dinner of Coq au Vin and a chocolate bread and butter pudding, and enjoyed the film Spectre afterwards.

At midnight we opened a bottle of Cava and toasted not only the new year, but a new decade as well. What will these ten years bring? I hope for a lot of happiness but above all, good health!




No comments: