Wednesday 11 December 2019

Going back in time...

Mike had an appointment at the doctor's this morning so both Keith and I took him as he wanted a lift into Northampton afterwards. I had never been into our new surgery before and I was impressed with how spacious it was. The bonus is the much bigger car park, though, which makes parking a lot easier!

We saw an Advanced Practice Nurse who went over what had happened and had a look at the medication he was on. She also listened to his chest and made him blow into the meter to measure his air flow. He'll be seeing the nurse every year for an annual review but she did say that he may not need the inhaler as much during the Spring and Summer.

We dropped Mike off at Abbie's house and then drove straight to Kettering to collect my parents to take them out for lunch at the Blitz Cafe near the market square. I've been wanting to go for ages but they're not open on a Sunday so I suggested we take my parents while I was off work. We parked easily by the library and walked the short distance to the cafe where we were the first customers.

Keith and my Dad ordered tea while Mum and I chose sparkling water. For lunch we enjoyed jacket potatoes with a variety of fillings and Keith had a sandwich. The food was plentiful and delicious and the cafe gradually filled up with lunchtime diners. It was lovely inside the cafe with 1940s furniture, china and memorabilia, and the menu was designed like a ration card. The only thing I wished for was 1940s music to really add to the atmosphere, which I thought was a bit lacking.

After we'd eaten we drove to Tesco in Kettering as all of needed a few bits and then we took my parents home. I had plans to wash my car but after a cold and sunny morning, it started to rain again!

Keith and I had enjoyed our large lunch so in the evening we decided to just make do with soup and crusty bread!

No comments: