Monday 16 December 2019

It's getting busy!

Keith and I went to Tesco first thing and I was amazed at how busy it was - it seemed more like a weekend day rather than a Monday morning! There was a slight air of panic although I have no idea why! It's just over a week until Christmas Day so people can't have been shopping for that, surely?

We bought food for Monday and Tuesday night and returned home where I got ready for lunch with my friend Lynda at Beckworth at 1pm. When I arrived she was waiting in her car so we walked in together and again, the place was heaving! We waited about half an hour for a table in the restaurant and there were loads of people enjoying the festive three course meals they were serving!

We had a good chat and a catch up as I hadn't been able to meet Lynda, Fiona and Andrea when they went out the previous weekend for dinner. She told me about the problems she was having with her father's estate and she seemed a little down, if I'm honest, which was sad.

We were finally seated and we chose a sandwich and a panini to eat along with a coffee and a bottle of sparkling water. I had to go and collect Mike from town after lunch so no wine for me today!

We carried on having a good chat and after we'd eaten we went and had a look around the rest of the store. I bought a box of chocolate orange segments, a couple of little stocking fillers for Soph and Mike and some mince pies and managed to avoid buying more food, although I was sorely tempted by the pork pies!

After we'd wished each other Happy Christmas and said goodbye, I went home to get Keith and we drove into town to pick up Mike from Abbie's house. Predictably, the traffic was terrible and the journey there and back took nearly one and a half hours!

When Sophie arrived home she'd had a bad day at work, so our planned walk around the estate to deliver cards was a little treat. We took Monty with us but he disappeared half way around and came home, lazy little thing! It was lovely to see almost every house lit up in some way or another and we really enjoyed walking around in the dark!

Back home I made us drinks and then we had an early dinner as Sophie has to be up at 3.30am tomorrow, for a work trip to Stockton-on-Tees...yawn!

No comments: