Friday 27 December 2019

Hard work!

Sophie took me to work this morning and then went to the gym, bless her. I admired her for getting up and going on her day off!

Work has not been pleasant today. The woman I work with on a Friday was off and there was just Sheila and I in the office. I was expecting it to be quiet, but it was anything but! At times, Sheila had to help me out as there were loads of calls waiting and by the time I left, we'd had seven abandoned calls...

As well as answer the phones, I had to complete the Box Office returns and email them to the film companies so at times it was very stressful, especially as a lot of the calls I took could have been dealt with by people checking the website. I didn't have a clue what day it was, either, as some of the people I spoke to normally call on a Thursday to book classes!

I was very glad when it was 2pm and I could escape! Keith and Sophie picked me up and we returned home through more gloomy weather. The sky was a horrible grey colour with thick cloud and there was a nasty chilly wind.

The weather didn't stop Sophie and I from going out for our twenty minute walk, though, and I'm determined to try and do this every day. Back home I had a nap and Keith walked down to the pub. I was waiting for a call from my parents who were returning from Bath today as I was picking them up from Kettering.

Luckily it all worked out really well as I collected Mum and Dad at 7pm, took them home and then went to the pub to get Keith. He suggested that rather than go home and start cooking our turkey curry, we go and get fish and chips instead. Sophie and I agreed and we drove to Brixworth to get them. I just had a portion of chips and they were delicious!

After dinner we relaxed with a glass of wine and watched the end of Skyfall. Thank goodness tomorrow is the weekend!


No comments: