Monday 9 December 2019

He's home!

I got up with Sophie this morning but then went back to bed until 8.30am and had a lovely sleep! I awoke feeling really refreshed!

Keith and I were keeping our fingers crossed that Mike would be coming home today and he sent me a text saying he was just waiting for some test results and then he would know. I wrote out the rest of my cards and hoovered downstairs and at midday, Keith and I went over to Tesco at Kettering. On the way we popped to the post office in Broughton to send all the cards. I was pleased that that little job was done!

It's been another beautiful day today with plenty of sunshine but there's definitely a chilly wind! I contemplated having my car washed at Tesco but changed my mind. I think I'd rather try and do it myself if possible, as I have plenty of time on my hands over the next few days!

In Tesco we bought dinner for tonight and spent our Clubcard vouchers on some Christmas drinks - Champagne for Christmas morning, a lovely Sancerre to drink with our meal, Sherry, Port and a bottle of Bourbon, for a change. While we were browsing in the aisle, a young woman came rushing up to me and asked if I could recommend a dry white wine. I asked her what she wanted to spend and she explained it was a gift for her Mum. I suggested a Chablis at about £14 so she took that and thanked me! I said she couldn't have picked someone better, after having completed my wine exams and worked in the wine trade! Maybe I'll hang about some more in the aisle and see what I can do! It was really fun and I realised I missed working at Majestic and helping people to buy some good wine!

While we were in Tesco Mike texted to say he was ready to come home so we told him we'd just drop the shopping off and come and get him. When we arrived at the hospital, there was not a space to be had in the car park but that actually worked to our advantage, as he and Abbie were ready to be picked up and we collected them from opposite A&E. We dropped Abbie at her Dad's house and then called into our doctor's surgery on the way home to arrange an appointment for Wednesday for him.

Back home he unpacked everything, I bunged all his clothes into the washing machine and I suggested we go out for a drink at the pub to celebrate. As soon as Sophie arrived back we drove over to the pub in Walgrave and had a quiet drink. Both children were not happy about our choice of dinner tonight - soup and crusty bread, which we had decided on because we weren't sure what time Mike would be home. They managed to cajole Keith into taking us to India 2 Mawsley for a meal!

We had a delicious dinner and it was great to go out as a family again!


No comments: