Wednesday 25 December 2019

Delicious Christmas!

I woke up later than I expected this morning to find Sophie already up! I told her to stay in her bedroom so I could fill the stockings before they came downstairs! The weather was beautiful with plenty of sunshine and blue skies - perfect, although snow would have been good!

By 9am everyone was in the lounge and we opened the presents. I was amazed to get a dash cam from Keith, something I've been meaning to get for ages! I think everyone was happy with their gifts - Sophie had suspected I'd bought her an Amazon Echo so she was pleased with that!

As usual, the table is awash with alcoholic gifts!


Mike wearing his new fleece from Sophie

Unfortunately, Keith's sweatshirt was just a bit too small, so we're planning on returning it on Sunday and we'll try and get a replacement. After all the presents had been opened, we enjoyed a glass of Champagne each and Sophie, Keith and I had some breakfast. Keith had been up early so he had prepared all of the vegetables and the chipolata sausages, which was great!

I drove Mike and Keith to the pub at 12pm and went back to collect them an hour later. It has been very relaxing today and I was able to enjoy a glass of Sherry while Keith and Sophie cooked a late lunch. For once, we watched the Queen's Speech at 3pm and by 4pm we were sitting down to eat an absolutely delicious dinner.

Sophie and Keith had cooked a lovely dinner and had prepared honey glazed parsnips and carrots, brussels sprouts cooked with bacon, stuffing, broccoli, cauliflower, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets  and Yorkshire puddings. The turkey was tender and moist and we drank a beautiful Sancerre with the meal.

After we'd eaten and cleared away, Keith retreated upstairs for a snooze and Sophie and I watched Father of the Bride. Mike went out to see some mates and we had a lovely evening doing very little. At about 8pm we enjoyed Christmas pudding with custard accompanied by a glass of Sherry!

No comments: