Wednesday 2 October 2019

October sunshine

I blearily got up with Sophie to see her off to the gym and then went back to bed until 8.30am. Bliss!

Sophie had asked me to try and get her and Mike tickets to see one of their favourite rappers, Aries, who is due to appear at a pub in Camden in January 2020. The tickets were being released at 10am so I made sure I was all ready with my credit card poised at 10am...I kept refreshing the screen and then it said there were no available tickets at all! Really?

I messaged Sophie who asked me to keep trying for a little while, which I did, on various ticket websites. There was nothing at all. Last time she had asked me to do this I had let her down (Catfish and the Bottlemen) so I was determined to redeem myself! However, by 10.30am it was obvious I wasn't going to have any luck so Keith and I went over to Kettering to have a coffee at Costa and then do our weekly shop.

It's been a gorgeous day today with lots of sunshine but it's definitely on the chilly side now. I suppose it is October, which I keep forgetting!

After doing the shopping we called to see Mum and Dad for a quick coffee and then it was home to potter about and do some chores. I wandered about in the garden and had a look at all the summer bedding plants which are still flourishing. I also sorted out masses of recycling to take to neighbours - we are doing a great job of saving lots of plastic from landfill!

Sophie messaged me to say that Aries was now appearing at the O2 in Islington (where we saw Charlie Simpson) and she had managed to secure tickets! Great news! He is also appearing in Berlin later that same week and that was plan B!!!

Sophie was home from work a little later than usual this evening and after enjoying a delicious cottage pie for dinner, it was time for 90 Day Fiance...no cream pies this week but some of the couples are hilarious. I suspect quite a few of the scenarios are set up but it makes for riveting viewing!

No comments: