Thursday 24 October 2019

Musings on abstention...

As usual for a Thursday, not much of note has happened today. Keith took me to work and we weren't too busy but I have a feeling that will change next week!

Last night I tried the "Gin and tonic" mix I'd also bought in Asda and it was OK, but nowhere near as good as the real thing! However, with ice and a slice of lemon it was acceptable and it was something different to drink from sparkling water!

Tonight we tried the Californian red which came from St Helena in Napa! Again, non-alcoholic wines are not a patch on the real things in terms of taste but it was great to try something different.

Two of the non-alcoholic wines on offer at Asda
The red, Fre, was not bad at all, but would probably benefit from a spell in the fridge to take the edge off its sweetness.

I just wish, as I said to Keith, that I felt enormously different from having given up alcohol for almost a month. I am sleeping better but really, that's about it!

No comments: