Wednesday 9 October 2019

An early start...

I was up with Sophie this morning and as she was getting ready to go, we heard a loud vehicle go by outside. Our skip was due to be delivered today between 7am and 7pm so I thought at first it was the lorry bringing it! However, it was the tanker that collects all of our waste from the estate and he couldn't get into the huge tank as there was a car blocking the gates! Oh dear!

After Sophie had let me know she was at the gym, I went upstairs to go back to bed and woke Keith up as he had agreed that he would move our car off the driveway so the skip could go in its place. However, minutes after he'd moved the car (and before 7am) the skip driver arrived! He was a bit early! I gave up going back to sleep and made myself a coffee!

Last night my parents had called us at 11.30pm as they thought that someone had gained access to their bank account and taken money out... at first I thought one of them was ill, or had fallen over, but after calming my mum down I said they'd need to call the bank in the morning and it looked like they'd received a scam email from AOL, not the bank.

This morning I phoned them and Mum said she couldn't get onto the online banking so we agreed to meet them at 12pm and go into the bank to sort it out.

Before we did that, though, we drove to Market Harborough to pay the rest of the money for the bathroom suite - tomorrow it starts!

At 12pm we went into the bank with my parents and one of the staff printed off a statement for them which showed absolutely no sign of fraudulent activity. The reason they hadn't been able to go into the online banking was because they'd called the bank last night and everything had been frozen in case. This was a huge relief and they were very glad nothing had happened.

We drove off to see Sophie and take her to Costa for lunch and then we finally got to do our weekly shop in Kettering. By the time we arrived back home it was almost 4pm! I fiddled about with my phone some more and Tesco said that the changeover would be tomorrow. Sophie had very kindly copied all my contacts over (I don't have that many!) and had installed all my apps that I use on a daily basis.

We were supposed to have gone to a Parish council meeting tonight about our recycling bins (there's upROAR! about placing them on our community green for some reason - pettiness rules supreme) but I didn't have the energy to go. I've had a headache since yesterday and I'm not sure whether it's down to giving up the Gin! Sophie and I stayed at home and watched 90 Day Fiance instead. Much more enjoyable!

No comments: