Saturday 19 October 2019

Calamity Jane!

I've been a bit of a calamity today as first thing this morning I managed to break off a key in the en-suite window! It doesn't really matter, though, as we don't lock the window, but it'll have to be sorted out at some point!

I was at work today and starting at 8.30am and, typically, the morning was beautiful with a gorgeous sunrise. As I neared the village a squirrel ran straight under the wheels of my car and there was nothing I could do about it, which was very sad. I felt terrible (especially on my return journey home when its little body was lying in the road...).

Work was fine and Sara and I had a great shift. I managed to spill hot coffee all over my hand in the reception area when one of the staff gave me a ginger biscuit, but apart from that, things were nice and easy. We weren't busy so I was able to catch up with some jobs I didn't have time to finish yesterday.

The time passed very quickly and at 2pm I dashed home as Sophie wanted a lift to Laura's house. This evening they were off to a wedding reception for a colleague at The Walnut Tree in Blisworth and they had decided to get ready together and feast on nibbles and Prosecco! Keith and I dropped them off and then popped to Wilco's on Riverside as I needed some more bird food. As usual, the place was heaving and it wouldn't have been my choice to go there on a busy weekend normally!

Back home it was time to relax and decide what to eat in the evening. The best choice was to have gone out for a meal (we have a voucher for one of the Miller and Carter restaurants), but Mike was in for the night and as Keith and I aren't drinking, we decided to leave it until December!

In the end we ordered a Chinese takeaway from Lee's Express in Brixworth but I was disappointed with my choice - for a change I went for the Sweet and Sour chicken balls with rice, but it was all tasteless and I felt guilty for not having any veggies! There was quite a bit left over so no doubt Keith will eat it for lunch tomorrow!

Sophie texted me at 10pm asking if we could give her and Laura a lift home. Originally they were going to come home with Sophie's manager at 10pm but there was live music in the pub and it seemed they were having a good time! We were only too happy to oblige and when we collected them at 11pm, they were quite merry!


No comments: