Saturday 12 October 2019

A get-together

Sophie went off to Woburn today with Daisy and Laura while Keith and I drove over to Wickes to get three more boxes of tiles for the bathroom. We found them but after we'd loaded them into the car we realised one box had a different shade to the others so we had to swap it over! The boxes certainly weren't light!

On the way home we called into Waitrose for a coffee and then it was a day of pottering about and catching up with things. I hoovered up all the leaves on the driveway with our leaf blower and hoovered downstairs.Outside the weather was grey and dull but at least we didn't have any rain!

Keith went off to watch the football in the afternoon but I was unable to have a long soak in the bath as the room was full of equipment and it hadn't been plumbed in, anyway!

The house was so quiet without both Sophie and Mike about and it's not something I liked very much, to be honest! In the evening Keith and I went across the road to Paul's for a meal along with Richard and Michelle. I had wondered if Sharon was going to be cooking with him but it turned out she didn't! He had made vegetable soup and served sausage and mash for the main course accompanied by peas.

For dessert we enjoyed homemade chocolate brownie with his own ice-cream, followed by cheese and biscuits. It was a pleasant evening and as we hadn't seen each other for a while we had a lot to chat about! I drank my non-alcoholic white from Waitrose which was OK and Keith had a couple of alcohol free beers.

By 10.30pm Keith's feet, encased in shoes, were starting to irritate him so we bade everyone farewell and went home. I caught up with Sophie who'd been having a great time and had enjoyed monkfish for her dinner, lucky thing!

No comments: