Wednesday 16 October 2019

Finished!

It was lovely to have a bit of a lie-in this morning as Sophie was off to a prison near Newmarket and didn't have to be at her manager's house in Thrapston until 10am! However, the men arrived at just after 7.30am to start work so I'm glad I was up and dressed!

I took Sophie to Thrapston and the weather was grey and gloomy so I didn't even have the option to do some gardening or wash the car! Back home I cleaned downstairs (except the hall where the men were in and out) and kept my fingers crossed that they would be finished early so Keith and I could go over to Ikea in the afternoon. I have so many expectations for a Wednesday but as usual, today was spent cooped up in the house!

Our shopping trip wasn't to be, though, and they finished at nearly 3pm. However, we were delighted with the results:






Now we just need to give the tiles a good clean and then decorate, but we'll wait a little while to do that! We also need a new bath mat, bathroom cabinet and lots of other little things to make it look great!

I'd parked Sophie's car across the road when I'd got back and I noticed Sue was there feeding the dogs so I popped over for a quick chat. By now the weather had brightened up but it was still too wet to go out and garden. Instead I hoovered upstairs and tried to tidy up our bedroom which has been the main dumping ground for all the stuff from the bathroom.

Sophie called to say she was on her way home and we picked her up from Thrapston at about 6.30pm. The sun was setting and the drivers heading west must have had the huge bright sun right in their eyes.

Dinner tonight was beef casserole with dumplings and very good it was, too!

No comments: