Friday 18 October 2019

He's home!

Mike called us yesterday to say that he was coming home tonight so I won the bet as I said he would be back after three weeks, and it is exactly that today!

We've had more heavy showers today and the ground is very wet indeed. We noticed that the nearby Pitsford reservoir is very full and the river that flows through Thrapston was very high when we passed through the town on Wednesday. My car badly needs a wash but there doesn't seem to be a dry weather window to do it!

After work I sped home (avoiding the roadworks) and suggested we go to the tip with some of the rubbish from the bathroom renovation. We had a few chopped up tiles left over and it seemed such a shame to throw them away, but we kept a few of the bigger ones and took the smaller ones which wouldn't have been any use to us anyway. We also had some cardboard and two bags of general rubbish that the men had collected after the skip had been taken away.

Unfortunately the weather turned horrible and we had to sit in the car at the tip for a few minutes until it abated!

Keith went to the pub this evening to enjoy a pint of lime and soda while Sophie and I enjoyed a bottle of the non-alcoholic Freixenet. At 9pm, in the pouring (and I mean pouring!) rain Keith sloshed off to get Mike and Abbie from the station while Soph and I sensibly stayed at home watching Gardeners World, a Friday night favourite. I can feel my blood pressure dropping just watching Monty Don and his lovely dogs!

Mike returned home in high spirits and said he was looking for jobs...hmmm!

No comments: