Monday 28 October 2019

A little Christmas shopping!

Keith drove me into work today as he had errands to run and at some point I knew we were going to get a call from Mike to ask us to pick him up.

Work was busy but thankfully there were three of us manning the phones so the load was a little lighter. I had warned Keith that the car park would be busy when he returned to pick me up as there was a Fun Day going on in the centre and he arrived as I was walking out. He wasn't keen to go home so he treated me to a coffee at the Costa in Next. This gave me a perfect excuse to go and have another look at the bathroom section and I picked out a grey wicker basket and a loo brush and holder! The basket can hold Sophie's lotions and potions that she puts on the window sill and we really don't need anything else in there for storage as all of the stuff we use goes into the cabinet we have in our bedroom.

Keith then suggested we go to Beckworth to see if they had the turkeys in yet, so off we went! We were delighted to find the turkeys rolled, stuffed and wrapped in bacon so we bought a 6lb joint for Christmas Day! A bit early I know, but get it while you can and the meat was so delicious last year!

I did draw the line at going into the Christmas Emporium part of the shop, though. We'll leave that until the end of November perhaps!

Back home I grabbed the opportunity to get out into the fresh air (the weather has been gorgeous today with clear blue skies and Autumnal sunshine) and tidied up the front garden. After the winds and rain we've had recently it was looking a bit sorry for itself and I swept up tons of leaves and turned over the soil. The grass was far too wet to be cut but it all looked a lot better. Just as I was finishing Mike called to ask us to pick him up so I had to drop everything and Keith and I drove into town.

On the way we came across a man who has lived in Moulton for as long as we can remember - he has a mass of tightly curled hair and drives an ancient Reliant Robin! We hadn't seen the car for quite a while and I was amazed it was still on the road! It looked so weird with just one wheel at the front but I wouldn't have wanted to travel behind him for too long as the car wasn't going very fast!

We picked Mike up from Abington Park and headed home where I prepared all the veggies for our curry tonight. Keith has a horrible cough and cold at the moment (he caught it from Mike) but he gamely cooked dinner despite feeling a bit rough!

No comments: