Monday 2 September 2019

Gorgeous smells!

Mike had stayed out all weekend so Keith took me straight to work this morning. There are only two days left of the summer holidays and I can't believe how fast they've gone!

It's been beautiful weather today and I was glad to get out at 2pm! We'd had lots of niggly problems at work and numerous calls about swimming lessons, which always take forever to sort out. I remember the same happening last year and being very stressed by it all!

In Tesco Keith and I wandered about and tried to summon up some inspiration for dinner for tomorrow. In the end we settled on a pasta bake as Sophie is out for work and I just wanted to try something a bit different that didn't involve lots of hard work!

We decided to go for a coffee afterwards and I waited ages to get served again. As much as I love Costa, sometimes even I get fed up with waiting!

We picked Mike up from work and returned home. Keith put our beef bourguignon in the oven straight away and the smells coming from the kitchen were delicious! While it was cooking I indulged in an episode of Grand Designs (Kevin McCloud's favourite builds) which was lovely. I am looking forward to the new series and was amazed to find it had been on our screens for twenty years! He looked so young when it first started!

Dinner was as delicious as it smelt and we watched the sky from the conservatory. We had some rain and the range of twilight colours was fantastic!

No comments: