Friday 6 September 2019

Not the end of the working week!

Mike is off to London tonight to help Abbie settle into her new house as she's now into her second year of university. This meant he had two big bags to carry out to the car this morning and numerous things to arrange so things were a bit fraught. We decided to go to my place of work first and then he and Keith would drop all of his stuff off at Abbie's...I waved goodbye to him, but it was with a bit of relief! He seems a lot happier with his girlfriend at the moment!

Work was busy as Sara is now on holiday and I'm looking after the emails and making sure all the orders are taken care of. I had hoped it would be quieter now the children have gone back to school, but it was just as busy with long complicated swimming lesson enquiries... I seem to remember this happening last year!

Keith picked me up at 2pm and it was bliss to go home and relax. In the evening he walked down to the pub and Sophie and I prepared a very easy dinner of chicken escalopes. I'm at work again tomorrow so it wasn't the normal Friday evening when I'm able to look forward to two days off, but the extra money will be nice!

No comments: