Friday 27 September 2019

Saying goodbye...

At least this has been a very short week and today it's Friday! Yippee! Mike packed last night and lugged out a suitcase to the car this morning as he is leaving this afternoon to go down to London. I felt a bit emotional taking him to work as I remembered back to when he started the job and how pleased we were that he had been taken on. It's a real shame he's finished his contract, but we always knew it was only until September - maybe he can work for them again next year.

We said goodbye and I drove away feeling very sad. I just hope that he gets on in London and gains a bit of independence. The house will be very quiet without him! I warned him to stay in touch with me or else!

Work was OK today and it was great to get out at 2pm and go home. Keith and I called into Tesco to get some flowers for my Mum and dinner for tomorrow night. Sophie is out at a hen do making jewellery so there will only be the two of us. Maybe it's time we got used to it!

Mum and Dad were pleased to see us and were delighted with their wine and flowers. We had a good chat about the holiday over a cup of tea and then returned home where I did more writing on my blog!

As soon as Sophie came home it was wine time and we sat and watched Celebrity Masterchef while preparing the dinner. It's the weekend tomorrow!

No comments: