Tuesday 17 September 2019

An unexpected bonus!

I took Sophie to my Mum's this morning and Sophie's manager arrived shortly afterwards. I went home, had a coffee and got ready for work. This morning, taking Mike, we saw a huge Virgin hot air balloon and I thought it was going to come down in Abington Park! It floated off, though and disappeared so it must have been bound for another landing place.

Work was fine again today and it seems like the phones have calmed down a bit. I went home at 2pm and caught up with Sophie who had been to a prison in Birmingham. There were numerous accidents on the M6 so they had taken a different route home.

She arrived home after we'd gone to collect Mike, so it was a real bonus to have her back so early! We chatted about our holiday which is rushing up at a very speedy rate! We have started packing and I've written a list of things I need to do tomorrow when I'm off. It's rather long!

We have also borrowed two small cases from Mum to take as cabin baggage and I'm sure we'll be able to fill them! I also need to print off various documents so that will be done tomorrow.

Sophie and I watched a rather depressing programme called Crime and Punishment set in Winchester prison, and which she had a huge interest in, given the nature of her job. Afterwards, as light relief, we watched the Hairy Bikers drive Route 66 - it was a great show and we're already looking forward to cooking some of the recipes!

2 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

Have a wonderful holiday Jane - look forward to hearing how you find the place after all these years.,

Janie said...

Thank you Linda! We'really having a really lovely time and looking forward to sharing all the photos and our experience on the blog! Xx