Monday 16 September 2019

A very early start!

Sophie had to be up ridiculously early today as she was off to Shaftesbury in Dorset and had to be in Thrapston for 5am. Keith and I took her there and when we got home I went back to bed for an hour!

I took Mike to work this morning and the weather was a tad disappointing today as the sky was grey and we had drizzly rain. It stayed that way for most of the day and it was horrible! We're so used to blue skies and sunshine now!

Work was pleasant today as three of us were manning the phones so it was a lot easier. I started on some work for Sheila and caught up with Sara after her week off.

At 2pm I went home as I had my car and Keith and I went back to get Mike at 3pm. Sophie was leaving Shaftesbury at about 3.30pm and was very tired after such a long day. She arrived home at about 6.30pm so we were able to relax before dinner of tomato soup and garlic bread. I added some chilli flakes to the soup to give it some heat and our own garlic bread was delicious! I cut some part-baked rolls in half and spread them with garlic butter before sprinkling some parsley over them. I don't think we'll ever buy shop-bought garlic bread again!

Sophie has another early start tomorrow and has to be at Mum's (where her manager is picking her up) at 6am. Well, it's almost a lie-in actually!

No comments: