Sunday 29 September 2019

Rain, rain, rain...

I had more of a lie-in this morning, thank goodness and we awoke to grey skies and rain. How lovely...

We took Sophie to the gym this morning and while she was there we popped to Tesco and did some shopping as we had nothing for dinner tonight. It was a roast kind of day so we bought a joint of beef to enjoy this evening. Delicious!

Back home I did more writing and I will be glad when I've finally updated the blog - I am so behind but that was a consequence of not taking a laptop with me this time!

Keith did a bit of ranting this afternoon when he realised we'd run out of foil so Sophie and I sloshed our way to the nearest shop to get some more. The roads are flooding and apparently there is worse to come over the next week as an ex-Hurricane passes near the UK!

Which reminds me - the 2019-2020 storm names are:

Atiyah
Brendan
Ciara
Dennis
Ellen
Francis
Gerda
Hugh
Iris
Jan
Kitty
Liam
Maura
Noah
Olivia
Piet
Roisin
Samir
Tara
Vince
Willow

I am still annoyed I never made it last year! Hannah was the last, and then it would have been Idris and then Jane. Pah!

Keith cooked the roast beef in the evening and very good it was, too! There were enough vegetables left over to make bubble and squeak tomorrow!

No comments: