Tuesday 3 September 2019

I am a taxi...

Sophie was off to Milton Keynes this morning and had to be at her manager's house in Thrapston at 7.30am. Keith took her while I drove Mike to work and work passed uneventfully.

At 2pm I sped home as I had some parcels to send off and we were going to collect Mike at 3.30pm and then take him to Kettering to have his hair cut. I arrived home and within minutes Mike called to ask if we could pick him up at 4.30pm in the middle of town... I was not happy as at some point we'd have to go and get Sophie as well. He argued with me, so in the end I agreed but it put me in a really bad mood! I said to Keith that it must be lovely to exist in your own little bubble and not worry about anyone else! To make things worse, my Mum then called to say that their car had a smashed windscreen and could we recommend anyone! I told them to contact their insurance company!

We packaged up the two parcels we'd sold on ebay and which will be the last ones we'll be sending off for a while. I am a little fed up with selling on ebay, as on several occasions over the last month, we've sold items and haven't received payment, which has wasted our time. I always thought that when you bid for something on ebay, you had a contract to say you would buy whatever it was you'd bid for, so not getting the money was very annoying! At least we hadn't sent the items off!

The two items we sent today were a bit more valuable than normal so I decided to get a proof of delivery, as my trust in our buyers was a little bruised! We drove over to Brixworth in Sophie's car and after I'd sent the items out, we drove to a nearby garage and checked the air in the tyres (for the hundredth time).

Back home we literally had half an hour before we had to go and get Mike. He appeared (late) with Abbie as they'd been shopping and he asked us to give her a lift home. Predictably, the traffic was terrible and I was not very happy with my son!

Just before reaching home Sophie called to ask us to pick her up so we dropped Mike off and sped over to Thrapston. When we all arrived home I was more than ready for a stiff G&T!

My pasta bake was a success, probably because I used wine instead of water to add to the dish, added more chicken and bacon and sprinkled some breadcrumbs on the top. We spread some garlic butter onto a ciabatta loaf and enjoyed that with it. Delicious!

No comments: