Wednesday 11 September 2019

Scary films!

On Wednesday I dropped Sophie off near where my parents live as she was off to the RWM show in Birmingham. This was all about recycling and waste management and she had a long day on her company's stand.

Keith and I spent the morning sorting our clothes out for Mallorca next week and making sure we had all of our adapters and insect repellents! We popped to Tesco where I bought dinner for Sophie and I tonight (Keith was having leftover fish pie) and then we went to Jones's where we splashed out on a new large suitcase. The one we have weighs 10kg empty but the new one is just over 2kg and is a lovely, cheery aquamarine colour. We'll easily be able to spot it on the carousel!

In the evening, after a lovely light meal of breaded halloumi and jalepeno fingers, we went to see Don't Look Now at the Northampton Filmhouse. It wasn't on until 8.45 and I was slightly worried about parking as there were other shows taking place at the theatre. However, we slipped into a great space right outside the door, which later I was very thankful for!

Before the film we had a glass of wine at John Franklin's and then took our place in the cinema. I'd seen Don't Look Now before but Sophie hadn't so it was great seeing it through her eyes. What an atmospheric film it is and so many splashes of red everywhere! At the end Sophie nearly jumped out of her seat!

We left the cinema and we were very glad we'd parked so near. Northampton is nothing like Venice, but I was still feeling creepy about the film! Keith had been to collect Mike from the train station at about 8pm and my son was out with a friend when we arrived home at 11pm!


No comments: