Friday 24 August 2018

Thank goodness it's Friday!

This week has been a bit full-on and I couldn't wait to finish work, do the shopping and then be at home to relax. Unfortunately, Mike is working over the weekend and at the slightly earlier time of 5.30am so I won't have a lie-in!

Sophie had two more interviews this morning, both of them second talks with companies she'd already been to. I wished her good luck when I said goodbye to her at 7.30am and hoped she'd be successful.

Work was OK, apart from one very angry lady shouting at me down the phone because of a parking ticket. She kept ranting on, even when I said I would try and sort it out for her!

It was great to go and get Mike from work and head home. Sophie and I went shopping and it wasn't too bad at all. We breezed through Aldi and powered around Tesco before I went and filled my car up with diesel, with a contribution from Mike.

Back home Keith said he was going to go to the pub and then we would go and get fish and chips from Broughton, to have a break from cooking tonight. Sophie and I dropped him off and marvelled at the sky which had some very interesting clouds. We've had showers this afternoon and the temperatures have dropped quite a bit, but we're just hoping it's going to be OK tomorrow as Sophie and I are off to the beer festival at the pub with Sue and Paul, and Richard and Michelle. Keith was supposed to be going to see Sileby play but he's cancelled which means his leg must still be very painful for him to do that.

After dinner Keith went upstairs to watch the football and I had a supremely relaxing time watching Gardeners' World with Monty Don. I could feel my blood pressure dropping as I sat and watched! As Sophie was watching Sex in The City on her iPad, I then enjoyed Eight Go Rallying which was fun to watch. I'm not sure how much of it was true but it was very enjoyable nonetheless and it's something I'd love to do, but perhaps not in a very old car!

No comments: