Wednesday 29 August 2018

I lose my blob!

Keith took Mike to work this morning but I was still up quite early. It was a grey and misty start to the day but it cleared to sunshine and blue skies by 9am.

Keith and I went to the DVT clinic at the hospital again as he'd been recalled back. The nurse scanned the back of his knee but everything was fine, which is what we'd expected. Afterwards, we went to the cafe and had a cup of coffee and Sophie texted me to say that after driving into work she wasn't needed after all. We arranged to meet back at home and go to Jones's.

I needed bird food and some other bits and bobs at the Wholesaler's and we were dismayed (but not surprised) to see Christmas decorations already on display! On the way home we called into Aldi and bought dinner for Thursday night as Sophie and I said we would go shopping on Friday afternoon again.

It was then back home for lunch and a mooch about until it was time to pick up Mike from work. I popped into the Post Office at Brixworth as we had sold another DVD. After this week we're going to give ebay a rest as we've booked a pitch at a table top sale on the 15th September and we're hoping to take all the stuff we haven't sold there. I seem to be constantly going to the Post Office at the moment!

I'd arranged to meet my parents at a car dealership in Kettering at about 3.30pm as they'd seen a car they liked - a Volkswagen Golf. When we arrived there was a huge petrol tanker in the way which was creating a queue on the forecourt of the petrol station next door. I managed to squeeze through to the dealership and parked my car. Sophie and I had a quick look at the cars and then we got back into my car to wait for Mum and Dad.

Sophie spotted them on the forecourt of the petrol station so I went over and asked what they were doing. Dad said he needed petrol but when he pulled up at a pump his cap was on the other side of the car and he was too far away. I told him to go to the dealership and get petrol later but as I moved a cone to help him drive around the pumps, the man in the cash office bellowed at me to put the cone back. I tried to explain what was happening but he was really rude and aggressive. To make matters worse, the tanker driver then joined in and both of them were shouting at me to put the cone back as they said it was dangerous for us to drive back towards the dealership!

It was a horrible, embarrassing situation especially as the petrol station was busy with people. I tried again to say we just wanted to go to the dealership next door, but they were having none of it even though another car had just driven past the tanker!

In the end I told Mum and Dad to go and join Keith and Sophie and I drove Dad's car back out onto the road (it took me ages to turn right as the traffic was horrendous) and then into the car park of the dealership. I went back to have another go at the tanker driver and was a bit sarcastic. He asked if I wanted his name and too right I did!

By now, Sophie and Keith were wondering what on earth was going on and they could see how upset and angry I was. The tanker driver was rude in the extreme and the sales staff said that he really shouldn't be delivering during opening hours. The man who owned the dealership went over to have a word with the tanker driver but I don't know what he said - probably something sarcastic about me!

We looked at the new car and I went out with my Dad and the salesman to have a test drive. I wasn't sure about Dad driving so I went for a run in it and as it's an automatic and lovely to drive I think Dad will get on better than he does in his Nissan Qashqai.

Back at the garage we all agreed that Mum and Dad were going to buy the car so we left them to complete the paperwork and we went home. I definitely needed a stiff drink this evening!

No comments: