Friday 10 August 2018

Afternoon storm

I took Mike to work again this morning and Sophie came with me, bless her. It's certainly getter darker in the mornings now and sunrise was at 5.40am. The nights are drawing in, too!

The time at work went by very quickly and as I came out of the building, Mike called me to say he was already on his way home with Keith. It was probably because it was raining hard! Sophie had also been called into work as the weather has turned very stormy.

Sitting in the conservatory when I got home I was treated to flashes of lightning and very close rumbles of loud thunder. Thank goodness, the garden is getting a good drink! I went to collect Sophie from work while Keith drove himself to the pub - it's certainly a lot easier for me when he does that!

After dinner of breaded fish and mashed potatoes, we watched a film that had sounded promising, but was awful, called All I See Is You. I'm just glad we had the sense to turn it off half way through and not waste any more time on it!

No comments: