Monday 13 August 2018

A lovely interlude!

I took my car to work this morning as I had a feeling Sophie would be called into work...and as it happened, she was! As usual, for a Monday morning we were busy with phone calls and bookings, as well as trying to do other work. It made the time go by very quickly though!

I went to get Mike and we headed for the post office at Brixworth to send the Levi's shirt. The jacket was being picked up by a courier today so Keith had to stay at home until they came to collect it. Back home I saw Sue as I drove into the estate and she invited me in for a cup of tea. I was going to go over to Tesco to get Keith an anniversary card so I initially said I couldn't but I changed my mind and went over.

It was lovely to sit and have a gossipy natter with Sue and gaze out at her wonderful view. Then, as a bonus, Michelle popped around so it was lovely to relax with my two friends and enjoy a cup of tea. Keith phoned me to say that the jacket had been picked up so I headed home and we popped over to Tesco to buy dinner for tomorrow night. The weather had improved a bit over the course of the day, going from a grey and cloudy start to fine weather and warmer temperatures. There was also a bit of a Florida sky going on in the late afternoon!

Keith treated me to a bottle of Gordon's Pink Gin for my anniversary present and I said I would buy dinner on Wednesday night. As soon s Sophie came home I tried the Gin - she hated it, I loved it, but I still like the Elderflower. We sat and watched Dragons' Den before dinner but Mike didn't join us for chilli con carne. He was off out with his friends!

No comments: