Tuesday 28 August 2018

Good news!

My car was booked in for its MOT today and after dropping it off we drove over to Tesco where we had a naughty breakfast at McDonald's. Keith went to get his hair cut while Sophie and I did the shopping for Tuesday and Wednesday. It was blissfully quiet in the supermarket so we whizzed around and bought more stuff than we intended to, namely a bottle of Elderflower Gin! Yum!

On the way home we called to see Mum and Dad and had a cup of coffee but we didn't stay long as Sophie was asked to go into work. We dropped her off and came home to potter about. I was on tenterhooks about my car as the garage said I may need new shock absorbers and I also suspected my rear tyres might let me down, but at 4pm they called to say it had passed the MOT and I could collect it.

Today has been another grey day with not a lot of sunshine, unfortunately. I do miss the blue skies and sun! We went to pick Sophie up from work and congratulated her on getting a job! She had heard during the day and will start next Monday! Another new chapter we'll be starting!

It was then home to relax before our simple supper of soup and crusty bread. Mike slept all afternoon but at least he made an appearance for dinner!

No comments: