Saturday 4 August 2018

Back to work...

I was back in at work today and facing a longer shift than I normally work in the week. The time went by quite quickly though and I worked with Sue so it was very pleasant, despite her having a nasty customer on the phone! I was on my own for two hours after she left and it was great to be picked up by Keith at 4pm.

It's been another hot and sunny day and Sophie texted me to say she was very quiet at work. I'm so glad we no longer have the business as this long spell of good weather would really have affected us. I sat in the garden with Keith for a while when we got home and we put our feet in buckets of cold water again which really does cool us down. It's at times like this that I wish we had a plunge pool!

Before Sophie came home I watered the garden and then it was time for a glass of something and dinner. We opted for a starter and dessert tonight and Keith and I enjoyed prawn cocktail while the children had pate and toast. It feels too hot to eat anything else!

Before bed Sophie and I went for a wander outside and had a look up at the stars. We were sure we could also see Mars in the distance. It was a gorgeous night!

No comments: