Tuesday 7 August 2018

An unexpected gift!

Keith asked me to take Mike into work this morning as he had been up early all last week and the weekend. I was more than happy to oblige and Sophie decided to come with us as well so I had some company on the way home. Getting up at 5am wasn't too bad, but I don't know how Mike does it every day! At least Keith sometimes goes back to bed when he gets home if he's really tired! It was a beautiful morning, so that really helped!

I was working an extra shift today and, thankfully, it wasn't as busy as yesterday! However, it was just as hot and I am so looking forward to the temperatures going down tomorrow! At about 1pm I did some roleplay with Sheila so I could practise selling a membership and I think it went quite well. I did feel a bit self-conscious though!

At 2pm I sped off to get Mike and as soon as I got home I changed and went with Keith and Sophie to do some shopping at Aldi and Tesco. We pootled about in both stores and bought chicken escalopes for dinner, accompanied by long stem broccoli, asparagus and a chargrilled vegetable sauce. We also planned to saute the potatoes again. Sophie chose Chicken Kiev instead of the normal escalopes but Keith said he didn't fancy that at all and just got himself a loaf of cheesy bread!

Back home we sat and cooled off in front of the fan and my Mum called to ask if she could pop around with my Dad. They arrived ten minutes later and I gave them some chilled sparkling water to drink as all of us are now alcohol free during the week!

My Dad asked Keith to go out to the car with him and they brought back a new BBQ for us, for our anniversary which is next Wednesday! It's a gas BBQ and Keith immediately started to put it together! We can cook the burgers on it for tomorrow night's dinner!

We sat in the garden and Sophie helped Keith assemble it all. Overhead, storm clouds were gathering and I did wonder whether we'd get some rain. The wind had also picked up and was blowing all the little brown leaves all over the conservatory floor. I had already hoovered up a mass of them! I just hope that now we have a new BBQ the weather doesn't change!

After my parents had gone home I cooked dinner and Keith and Sophie finished what they were doing. Mike had gone out with a friend and when we called him he said he would be late for dinner. Typical!

Dinner was delicious and we put Mike's plate in the oven to keep warm. He arrived about an hour later and tucked in. He said he was hot...join the club!


No comments: