Friday 17 August 2018

Domestic chores!

Sophie and I took Mike to work this morning and as soon as I got home I urged Keith to get in the shower and get dressed so we could go to the doctor's as soon as possible. Poor thing, it really took it out of him and he sat on the bed for ages until I helped him to get dressed.

I had originally said I would go to work and let Sophie take him to the surgery but as he looked so poorly, I changed my mind and texted Sara again to say that I wasn't coming in and explained why. As soon as it was 8am I called the surgery and managed, after a bit of waiting, to get him into Guilsborough at 9am.

We saw a lovely female doctor who knew, as soon as she saw his leg, that it was cellulitis. We have no idea how he managed to contract it, but he was given a course of antibiotics and told to rest. Today it's been really red and hot and I'm just annoyed that we missed it yesterday during the day, otherwise we could have got him into the doctor sooner.

Back home I helped Sophie prepare for her written online test for the Canadian Embassy job which was hard! I think she did well in the Excel part of it, but the first part (filling in a form) was very confusing!

We spent the rest of the morning cleaning the house and ironing and after we'd picked up Mike from work at 2.30pm Sophie and I went to Aldi and Tesco to do the weekly shop. It wasn't as bad as I feared and by 4.30pm we were home and able to relax a bit after our busy day!

Keith felt a little better in the evening but obviously he didn't go to the pub this evening. We cooked breaded fish with mashed potatoes and vegetables for dinner and then it was an early night! I was shattered!

No comments: