Thursday 9 August 2018

More selling!

I was back at work today and we were very busy in the morning again. It didn't help that Sue was on the phone for ages with someone taking out a new membership, and in the end Sara had to help me answer the calls. We had walked in to see a board on the wall with details of who had managed to sell memberships so I felt slightly deflated when Sue sold two! However, I did sign up a junior member before I went home so that was something!

It does make me wonder how many will sign up on the phone and then cancel, as if I wanted to join a gym (and I loved going to Virgin) I would go and visit in person and talk to someone, rather than arrange it over the phone. I would definitely need to think about it first!

It's been cloudy today and a lot cooler which has been a relief. Sophie was called into work and after I'd collected Mike from work I packaged up a camera that we'd sold on ebay and Keith and I went to the post office in Brixworth to send it off. We then visited the pharmacy in Mawsley to find it had changed hands and our repeat prescriptions hadn't been sorted! Keith was very unimpressed! He had suspected all along that the man in charge was a bit of a "spiv" so it was no surprise that the handover hadn't gone that smoothly!

We headed home where I relaxed for a while before it was time to go and collect Sophie from work. As the weather has become a little cooler we can revert back to some of the meals we used to enjoy before the heat made it unbearable to eat certain things. Tonight we had steak pie with mashed potatoes and vegetables. Delicious!

No comments: