Thursday 23 August 2018

Dodgy dealings!

It wasn't such a nice morning today as we had rain and grey skies! I drove my car to work this morning as Sophie had two interviews today, poor thing! She said she'll be glad when this week is over!

I was at work until 3pm today as I've now started covering for an hour until a colleague starts. As soon as I left I checked my phone and discovered that Sophie hadn't gone to the interview in town at 2pm as she said the people working there looked very "dodgy"!! They were then able to pick Mike up from work so he didn't have to wait.

Back home Sophie made me a cup of tea and we sat and talked about the day as there was a lot to catch up on! The first interview that Sophie had been to had been great and she really liked the company which is based on Brackmills, and on the same road that Keith and I used to work on! How funny if she gets the job!

We then planned our meals for the rest of the week and the weekend and wrote out our shopping list. Sophie and I are going to go on Friday after I have finished work.

Keith's leg isn't that much better and he is thoroughly fed up with it. The doctor did say that cellulitis takes some time to heal so that's not a lot he can do about it.

Before we cooked dinner we played cards in the conservatory and as Sophie was out early she started preparations. We had sausages with mashed potatoes and vegetables and I cooked some onions to go with the meal. Delicious!

No comments: