Sunday 19 August 2018

Hectic!

Today has been very busy and Sophie and I hardly stopped all day! We were supposed to have been going for brunch at Rushden Lakes but Keith really wasn't up to it so we've postponed our visit until next weekend.

We wanted to sort out our financial planning for California today, and make an itinerary, and we also had some packing up to do as we'd sold quite a few items on ebay, which has been great.

At midday we went over to Tesco at Kettering as we needed some bubble wrap and we saw my parents having coffee in Costa. We sat with them for a while and had a chat and I treated myself to a bottle of the Elderflower Gin that I like so much!

Back home Sophie weighed out all the ingredients for the curry we're making tonight and I did a pile of ironing. I'm definitely missing Keith's input at the moment as he normally tackles all our ironing and tomorrow I will have to take Mike to work before doing a shift myself.

In the late afternoon we walked Monty around the estate a couple of times to get out and get some fresh air. The gardens are starting to pick up a little bit now that we've had some rain and the dry and dusty look has gone. It's quite humid at the moment, though, but at least the temperatures have come down a bit!

When we got home I put some grass seed down on the bare patches in our lawn and I gave the plants a good watering. We then prepared dinner and it was delicious. We made a chicken curry from the Hairy Bikers' Mums Know Best cookbook and it was lovely. Keith said it was one of the best meals we'd made, so that was praise indeed!


No comments: