Wednesday 11 July 2018

Waiting about...

My Mum was seeing her Parkinsons nurse this morning at 11am so I said that I would be there to give her some support as she's been having some real problems with her medication lately. Sophie and I were meant to be seeing Gill for coffee but I postponed, and she understood completely. As she is looking forward to doing so many things over the next few weeks, we've arranged to meet up in August.

We went to Mum's house for 11am and waited and waited. While we were there we helped my parents fill in an Attendance Allowance form so that they can get help towards things like housework, as my Mum is finding it increasingly difficult to do some jobs around the house.

When it got to 12pm and we'd heard the nurse had been delayed we couldn't wait any longer as we needed to go to Tesco and I was hoping my car would be ready before I went to work. We reluctantly left and Sophie drove us over to Tesco where we bought some extras for dinner tonight (the big match!) and I put £25 worth of petrol in her car as we've had to use it while mine is being repaired.

When we got home and started lunch (leftover new potatoes fried and served with crusty bread and butter) the phone rang and it was the garage. Typical! We put the potatoes in the oven and Keith and I went to collect the car which looked fantastic! What a difference! They had done an amazing job on the horrible scratches so I was really pleased.

Back home we hurriedly ate lunch, then Keith went to get Mike in my car while I set off, half an hour later, in Sophie's car for the school. This evening the school was holding its end of term disco but we still had two little boys left at almost 6pm. We were all itching to get home to see England play Croatia in the World Cup semi-final!

We had a cold meats and salad dinner and paused the game while we ate. England had scored one goal before we sat down to eat but sadly, lost the game after extra time 2-1. Still, they did well and it was great that they reached the semi-finals. The final, on Sunday, will now be between France and Croatia.

Sophie and I did watch some of the match but we also went over and watered Sue and Paul's garden. It's been yet another warm and sunny day with no end to this drought in sight!

No comments: