Friday 6 July 2018

The sun shines down!

Thursday and Friday have been virtually identical so I'm blending them into one post! Work was busy on both mornings as I had extra work to do which made the time fly by. We spent Thursday afternoon out in the playground but it really was very hot and I don't know how our little group played cricket in the heat! Lisa and I stayed in the shade!

There is no end to this heatwave in sight and I said it would be really ironic if the weather broke at the end of term on the 20th July! I do sometimes think that the school holidays should be the last two weeks of June and the whole of July as August can be a tricky month, weatherwise, and it always feels a bit Autumnal to me. The children no longer help out with harvesting so surely it would make sense to have the holidays during the months with the best weather?

On Friday we stayed in the hall for an hour as it was really too warm to venture out, although we did go out for the end of the session. We were there right until the bitter end as one parent was running late and when I walked down to the pub Keith wasn't there, which was strange. Sophie called to ask where I was and said that Keith had decided to stay at home this evening. Bonus! When I got home Sophie and I popped over to Sue and Paul's house to put their bins back and had a long chat with a neighbour who was walking her dog, Lucy. She said she didn't like the heat but I think I've started to adapt!

Keith cooked a curry for dinner and then we retired to the lounge to sit in front of the fan and the open window. Sleeping has been a bit difficult at the moment as the upstairs of the house is really hot!

No comments: