Friday 13 July 2018

Feeling hot, hot, hot!

Once again, Thursday and Friday have sort of blended into one with the days spent at work and the sun has continued to shine down, although it has been a bit cloudy first thing.

We watched an excellent new series on Thursday night called Keeping Faith, which is set in Wales. Sophie and I had tried to get into Picnic at Hanging Rock but after half an hour we'd given up, but after just five minutes of the Welsh drama we were hooked! We are also fans of the new Sharp Objects starring Amy Adams.

At work we've been taking lots of Funzone bookings as people organise their childcare for the school holidays. The girl I worked with on Thursday took a payment for over £1000! It's expensive business!

Both afternoons at After-School Club were spent in the playground as usual and I really won't be sorry when we break up next Friday. I've put myself down to work some extra shifts over the summer holidays but I will still have some days off and it'll be great to finish at 2pm and not have to go out again!

Keith and Sophie walked up to meet me on Friday evening and we sat outside the pub for five minutes before I headed home with my daughter for our glass of wine. We ate fishcakes for dinner, but my appetite was spoiled by the number of flies and wasps in the conservatory. Because we'd had the windows and doors open all day they had all flocked in and were hanging out and annoying us while we ate! Not an enjoyable experience!

No comments: