Tuesday 17 July 2018

A trip to the park.

We made our usual trek to the Weston Favell Centre this morning and on the way Keith called in to the Fishing Lodge at Pitsford to renew his nature reserve permit. He's determined to get back into walking, and if I'm off during the week, I can maybe go with him!

We bought some bits in Tesco (chocs for Lisa and a leaving card) and then drove down to Riverside where we visited Boots, and Next for a coffee in Costa. Sophie spotted some lovely shoes in the store and tried them on - they looked gorgeous and she preferred them to the shoes she'd originally bought for Graduation. As they were in the sale, and half price, she snapped them up!

We also popped into Wilco's and bought some varnish for the front and garage doors. That's my next job! We drove home via Brixworth where I picked up a parcel I'd ordered. I wanted a dress for Sophie's Graduation, but the one that arrived made me look pregnant! There were a couple of lovely tops in the order, though, so they made up for the disappointment.

Although the weather has been dry today, we've had a fair amount of cloud and at one point I did think we were going to get some rain. At work, we had about 10 children and one of the older girls kept asking Lisa if we could all go to the park again. Eventually, she was worn down so we went at about 4.30pm. We had three reception year children with us so we held their hands and walked the short distance to the playing fields.

There was a gaggle of Year 6 girls there already and our lot had a great time playing on the swings and slides. It made a difference for them and if I had my way we'd go several times a week! We got back to the school at 5.30pm to find a group of parents waiting for us. One of the teachers had locked up the school completely and had even put the security shutters down so we had to unlock everything to let the children get their bags. Within ten minutes they had all been collected and we hurriedly tidied up and locked the school again!

Keith and Sophie had walked to meet me and back home Sophie and I sat out in the garden with a drink and talked about going to San Francisco! My Mum, Dad and I had taken her when she was almost three years old and I said I'd love to go there again and have a cocktail at the Top of The Mark (Hopkins Hotel).

After dinner we had a stroll around the estate and I couldn't believe the state of our grass verges. Will they ever recover?!


No comments: