Monday 2 July 2018

An idyllic afternoon!

Work was OK this morning and Sheila gave me another job to do which made the time go by very quickly. I headed home at 2pm and had a chat with Sophie before dashing off to school where we decided to take the children to the park for a change.

We only had three with us today so it was an ideal time to go. We took some tortilla chips, a jar of salsa and a bag of apples with us as well as a bottle of orange squash. It didn't take us long to walk to the playing fields and I was amazed at how much equipment had been installed since I took Sophie and Mike there years ago! There were swings and monkey bars and a zip wire, which the children loved.

There were other children playing there as well and it was great to see families out enjoying the beautiful weather. I took a look at the area where an old manor house used to stand and the grass resembled straw!





We sat in the shade while the children ate their snack, played a bit more and then headed back to the shut-up school. One Mum was waiting for us but we had to wait almost another hour before a Dad arrived to pick up his two children.

I met Keith and Sophie near the pub and we all went home to relax and watch a little bit of Wimbledon, which started today. After dinner we sat in the cool garden for a while and then I enjoyed True Lies at 9pm which was a real treat!

However, at about 10pm I heard a crashing sound and wondered what on earth it was! Keith and Sophie hadn't heard anything, and I think Mike was wearing his headphones so hadn't heard the noise either. It was so worrying we went out of the estate and onto the road to see if there'd been an accident! It was very strange!

No comments: