Friday 20 July 2018

An emotional afternoon!

Work was fine this morning - the problems with the computer had obviously been sorted and we had lots of bookings to deal with. When I got home, Sophie had made a banana and chocolate cake but it wasn't quite ready. It smelt delicious!

At school a group of Year 6 girls were going around and saying goodbye and crying! I signed the shirt of our favourite Year 6 girl and wished her good luck at her new school in September. Next year wouldn't have been the same without her or another Year 6 boy who are real characters, so I'm glad I won't be back. Replacements for Lisa and I still haven't been found and the parents of our after-school club children are getting a bit worried!

I was inundated with cards and chocolates from the children and Lisa, a beautiful bouquet of flowers from the staff of the school and gifts from the parents, which was lovely. I was delighted! We just had one child left at 5pm and as it was starting to rain a little bit I went and fetched my car and parked it outside of the school as I didn't want to carry all my stuff down in a raging downpour!

It actually didn't rain much at all, which was disappointing as we could have down with a really good soaking. We did get some thunder and lightning, though!

Before we took Mike and Keith to the pub, we enjoyed a slice of cake and then it was home to relax before we prepared dinner and went back to pick them up. After we'd eaten Sophie and I booked an Airbnb in San Francisco after we'd contacted the hosts about parking. They responded very quickly and seemed lovely so we took the plunge and booked. The house is near public transport so hopefully I won't have to drive every day!


No comments: