Tuesday 10 July 2018

The Bickerings on tour...

It definitely felt cooler this morning but the heat is due to return again on Thursday. There is still no sign of any rain on the horizon, not even a cooling thunderstorm!

We took my car into Northampton this morning, to have the scratches on the two front bumpers repaired, and after we'd dropped it off we went on to Riverside to visit Sports Direct and Curry's. Sophie was looking for a pair of cycling shorts to wear with a big tee-shirt and we were also on the lookout for a new extractor hood for our oven as ours has almost disintegrated! Everything in our house is starting to fall apart! We had a quote yesterday to replace two panes of glass in the conservatory and the man gave us a price of £280! I'm sure that was inflated!

After looking at some beautiful American fridges in Curry's and wishing we had the space for one, we wandered back over to Costa and had a coffee and something to eat. We've all been a bit bad-tempered with each other this morning and the three of us had a little bicker which lasted most of the morning! However, the coffee in Costa put things right again so we drove off to the Weston Favell Centre, to visit the post office and to try and see my Mum and Dad who were there for an Opticians appointment. We came across them in Costa, had a brief chat and left to go to Jones's where we bought bird food (what else?) and other boring things such as drain cleaner and descaling liquid. Sometimes I really don't know how I can contain my excitement!

Back home I pottered about and noticed our strawberries were going a lovely shade of red. I just hope the birds don't get to them before we can eat them! Sophie took me to work (luckily Mike had managed to cadge a lift to Brixworth to see some friends) and we spent the afternoon in the playground where a lovely breeze cooled things down a little. It was quite nice sitting and gazing up at the sky dotted with fluffy white clouds and watching aeroplanes fly past. I just wished I was on one!

Sophie and Keith came to pick me up before 6pm and then it was home to get ready for the France-Belgium game. I couldn't decide who I wanted to win but France took the lead and held onto it for the rest of the match. We were going to barbecue but that's slightly difficult if, like us, you don't have one! We settled for grilling the burgers and cooking some sausages in the oven before enjoying them with new potatoes and salad!

No comments: