Saturday 21 July 2018

Saturday working

I've taken on some extra shifts over the summer, as now I will no longer be working at the school, I need some more days!

Sophie dropped me at work at 8.30am and I had a pleasant day working with Sue. The phone calls were well spaced out but we did have some difficult calls which made it a bit interesting! Sophie took three hours holiday (not that she wanted to) and picked me up at 4pm.

It's been a warm and sunny day with hazy sunshine and a fair amount of cloud. No sign of any rain, though! We returned home and relaxed and I looked at vineyards in the Napa Valley. Maybe I should take an extra suitcase with me to bring some wine home!

Keith had prepared a delicious Coq au Vin for dinner and it was lovely to eat proper vegetables and mashed potatoes for a change. We are all heartily fed up with salad!

After dinner we watched the excellent Keeping Faith and then it was off to bed as it had been a busy day!

No comments: