Sunday 15 July 2018

A feast of sport!

We went over to Tesco first thing this morning as Sophie wanted to get presents for her lecturers and we needed some shopping. It's also my Mum and Dad's Wedding Anniversary tomorrow so I bought them a bottle of Champagne and a Next voucher as they love shopping in there!

We called to see them on the way home and helped them move their heavy office chair out of the room to make way for the new one that had been delivered. My Dad had fallen over on Friday so that was a bit worrying and I said that he really needed to use a walking stick now whenever he goes out if the paths are uneven. The last thing he needs is another broken leg!

We went home and made a start on a "Reverse Trifle" we'd seen in a Co-op magazine. This was our dish for Sunday this week! We had to slice Swiss rolls, melt white chocolate and make a fruity jelly and then let everything set in the fridge until we were ready to make it.

Sophie also prepared our lunch of cold meats, new potatoes and salad and I hoovered. By 2pm we were ready to sit down and enjoy the tennis with a glass of Champagne! As Kevin Anderson had beaten Federer we were hoping for a really good game but he was very lacklustre in the first two sets. He came back a bit in the third, but Djokovic beat him in a tie-break so it was all over.

Keith went upstairs to watch the final of the World Cup and Sophie and I put the finishing touches to the trifle. It was enormous! I enjoyed it but I found it very sweet!

The strawberries are from our garden

We spent the rest of the afternoon lazing about with the fan on as it's been yet another warm and sultry day and I'm sure it became hotter as the day wore on. I went outside to water our plants and couldn't help giving our poor parched lawn a sprinkling. I could almost sense the relief as I sprayed the yellow grass with water!



No comments: