Saturday 28 July 2018

A bit of a tidy up!

I was at work again this Saturday but only until 2pm, so a shorter day. Sophie dropped me off and I worked with Sadie, which was great as we get on well and she even treated me to a coffee!

The morning and early afternoon passed very pleasantly and we had some nicely spaced calls. Keith came to pick me up at 2pm and as soon as we got home I decided to tidy up the back garden a little bit, as it was looking so dishevelled, dusty and dry.

We'd had a little bit of rain last night but certainly not enough to bring it all back to life! It's been a windy day today and as usual when this happens, we had a mound of leaves all around the back door so I swept them up, only to see another load take their place!

I "mowed" the lawn but the grass hadn't really grown, we just had long stalks that had been annoying me! I think I really just picked up a load of dead leaves from the lawn from the surrounding trees! However, it started to look a lot better and I cut back some dead and dying plants, watched closely by the robin who sat up on the branches of a tree. Just as I finished mowing, the heavens opened so I dashed inside and waited until it had stopped, before going back out again.

I was pleased with my efforts and at least it all looked a bit tidier than when I started. We just need several days of good rainfall now to bring it all back to life! I hoovered inside as the wind had blown in loads of little tiny brown leaves through the open windows and they covered the carpet in our bedroom and the en-suite floor. What a nuisance! I have a feeling they come from the ivy in our garden, but we get this every year and it's such a pain!

We continued to have showers all afternoon and into the evening and when Sophie arrived home we had a drink and watched A Place in the Sun, from Florida...where else! Although we're looking forward enormously to going to California next year, we still love the Sunshine State!

No comments: