Wednesday 18 July 2018

A spontaneous decision!

For once, we didn't have to go anywhere today so it meant I could tackle some housework with Sophie. I was up early at 6.30am and watched the blackbird parents feeding their fat babies. The babies were almost bigger than their parents!

Our new recycling bin arrived this morning as even though we have a large wheelie bin, it was full and I knew we'd never fit in the rest of this week's bottles, cans and paper. I'd only ordered it last weekend so I was chuffed it had been delivered so quickly! We've taken to freezing our food leftovers now as there is no sign of this heatwave coming to an end any time soon!

I gave Mike's bedroom a thorough clean and changed his bedding and cleaned the rest of the house. Not a deep clean by any means, but it made me feel better to tackle the cobwebs and Sophie dusted for me, which helped a lot.

Today has been warm and sultry with a layer of cloud keeping the heat in. At After-School club Lisa had brought some sweets in and she hid them around the playground so the children could find them. Needless to say they were found and eaten within half an hour!

Back home we played cards in the conservatory (all of us, which was lovely!) and after dinner Sophie and I took the plunge and booked to go to California next May. We're visiting San Francisco for five nights, Napa for two nights and Monterey for three nights, and flying with Virgin who had excellent prices for their flights. We wanted Keith and Mike to come but Keith hates long flights and Mike wasn't keen on trying to save the money to go, so it's a girls' road trip! We're really looking forward to it and hoping to book an Airbnb in San Francisco, which will be a new experience!

No comments: