Monday 9 July 2018

A little cooler...

After a good night's sleep I felt a lot better and headed into work in the morning sunshine. Towards the end of my shift I had a meeting with Nicola and Sara and they explained they wanted us to be more active in securing members to boost income. I know this hasn't gone down that well with some of the other staff but I don't mind trying to enlist people to join. They can always say no!

At 2pm I sped home to see Sophie and enjoyed a slice of her banana and almond cake with some cold custard. Delicious! It felt too hot to walk to the park today and as we also had two little girls who do a French class until 4pm, it would have been too late anyway. We stuck to the shade and ensured the children who were playing in the sun had their hats on! By 5.30pm all the children had gone home so it was a lovely early night for us.

Sophie and I went over to water Sue and Paul's garden and we gazed out over the view. It felt a lot cooler in the evening and there was a lovely breeze blowing. What a relief!

No comments: